Ford announced today that the brand new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew will be available in China in 2017, delivering unmatched off-road capability to China’s market.
The 2017 Ford Raptor is unique among off-road vehicles with a purpose built engine, chassis and suspension, which allow the truck to travel over rough desert terrain or rocky landscapes.
F-150 Raptor represents the very best of what Ford can accomplish with its world-class engineering and design teams, and its long history of building tough, capable and versatile trucks. We are thrilled to offer our customers in China the chance to experience new levels of off-road performance with the all-new F-150 Raptor.
- All-new Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew makes its China debut, bringing unmatched levels of off-road excitement and performance to the world’s largest auto market
- Truck’s exclusive high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, paired with an all-new 10-speed transmission, produces the power of a V8 with fuel economy of a V6
- All-new Terrain Management System enables drivers to select from among six preset modes to optimize driving dynamics in all conditions
Using advanced materials including a full boxed high strength steel frame and high strength military grade aluminum allow body, helps improve the 2017 Ford Raptor’s durability while simultaneously reducing the wight of the Raptor for improved off-road capabilities. The new Ford Raptor’s power-to-weight ratio, combined with the new EcoBoost engine, it is an even more agile off-road capable vehicle.
Advanced technologies enable drivers to travel across varying off-road terrain with greater confidence.
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor uses Ford’s new 3.5-liter EcoBoost that generates more power with better efficiency than the previous generation Raptor. Paired with the all-new 10-speed transmission the EcoBoost engine allowed for even more improved efficiency.
An all-new Terrain Management System that enables the driver to select from among six preset modes to optimize driving dynamics to environmental conditions. Driving modes include:
- Normal mode for everyday driving
- Street mode for high performance, on-road driving
- Weather mode for rain, snow or ice
- Mud and sand mode for muddy and sandy trails and terrain
- Baja mode for high-speed desert running
- Rock mode for low-speed rock crawling
A Torsen front differential improves off-road capability further, increasing front-end grip dramatically and allowing the 2017 Ford Raptor to pull itself over obstacles and up steep hills.
Coming standard with new FOX Racing Shox with custom internal bypass technology dampening and stiffening suspension travel over rough terrain which will help the truck from bottoming out. Large-diameter front and rear shock canisters are designed to improve performance and inncrease suspension travel.
F-150 Raptor sports a dual exhaust system and new 430-millimeter wheels with next-generation BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 tires designed for off-road performance.
F-150 Raptor is the ultimate showcase of the tough capability available throughout Ford’s family of trucks and SUVs. By introducing it to the world’s largest auto market, we hope to inspire a new generation of off-road enthusiasts, and demonstrate how we are always bringing our customers new innovations.
The all-new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant in North America and be available as a SuperCrew in China in 2017. The 2017 Ford F-150 lineup will be available in 96 markets around the globe.